How to take care your eyelash extensions
● Try not to touch them much, particularly during the first few hours. The more you touch them, the more oils from your fingers get on them, the more strain on the lash root etc.
● Keep them as dry as possible for at least 24hours. This means, it’s ideal if don’t wash your hair during this time. However, if you need to, use only lukewarm water, and keep water off your eyes. This also includes avoiding steamy environments, very hot showers, spas, saunas etc. for 24 hours as a minimum. If it’s a very hot and humid day, try to stay out of the heat. All of this will allow the adhesive to cure as strongly as possible.
● After the 24 hour mark, they are technically waterproof, however, if you are swimming or sitting in a hot spa daily, they probably won’t last quite as long as if you didn’t, more from rubbing them when water gets in your eyes.
● Make sure you are using oil-free products on your face, particularly eye makeup removers and cleansers. We recommend LASH GAME Foaming Cleanser.
● Clean eyelash properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser. Baby shampoo (not the conditioning type) in very small amounts is ok too.
● Retouch/ refill is recommended in 3 weeks. Let me know if you think you have lost more lashes than expected, or want to upgrade to a thicker set/more lashes.
● More than 4 weeks, even if you still see your lashes left, over 4 weeks will go back to "Set", it won't be a "refill".
● If you have a very oily face, try to control this as much as possible with blotting papers, mattifying lotions etc. and by using oil-control moisturizer. Let me know if you have any concerns or questions – I'm always happy to help.
For making your lashes last longer...
● Do not play with or pick at your lashes, rub your eyes roughly. If you are a picker, it can really damage your natural lashes
● Do not use oily products on your eyes or face. No baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to wipe makeup off them
● Do not use waterproof or oil based mascara or eyeliner. Felt tip/pen-style liquid liner is usually fine
● Do not use any mascara if you can help it
● Do not try to remove them yourself – as it may damage your natural lashes. We can remove them for you if you wish
● Do not use cleansing oils, coconut oil etc. on your face if you want the lashes to last
● Do not put strip lashes on top of them unless you are prepared to lose a few of your own lashes when you try to take them off.
● Do not try to light a cigarette on your toaster or stove-top (good life advice generally – but will also stop your lashes getting singed and frazzled on the ends!)
Please no worry, it is normal when you see...
● Immediately after the lash application, some individuals with sensitivities can experience minor redness and dry eye. I try to minimize this where possible, so we will ask if you are sensitive beforehand. In most cases, this disappears within an hour or so and there’s no need to worry. Of course, please contact me if you are concerned.
● It’s normal lose a couple of lashes every day (1-5). Don’t be alarmed if you notice them from time to time (as they are much larger than your natural lashes).
● The extension falls out attached to the natural lash when it is ready to come out, and a new baby lash takes its place. Some days you won’t lose any, other days you might lose 3 or 4. It’s completely normal and does not mean your eyelashes are all going to fall out!
● Some lash growth cycles are faster than others. You may find every few months, your lashes shed faster than other times. It usually means that you have a lot of new growth, and when you come in we will see a lot more lashes we can lash! Other times they might still look great at 4 or 5 weeks, as they have not shed much.
● Each style looks different depending on how own eye shape. So please understand that your lashes will not look identical to your friends, photos, even if you request the same thing. We will find the best extension design for you together!
● Expect between 2 – 4 weeks before you need a refill. On average, every 3 weeks. Sets consisting of more lashes (glam and volume) will usually last longer than those will less (full, natural set ). Shorter lashes, less curl lashes usually last longer too.